Sunday 14 April 2013

Cherry Blossom Festival

Hi!
Yesterday I went to Seoul's Cherry Blossom Festival.  There was one street that was lined with the cherry blossom trees, although only one side of the street was blooming on Saturday.  They were very pretty, but difficult to admire because I was in a large stream of people and it was hard to stop and look or take a picture.  I eventually got some pictures when I was standing away from the crowd.



It was at the National Assembly and there was an outside entertainment venue.  There wasn't any entertainment when I was there, but they had many food vendors.  They had all the corn and waffles anyone could possibly want.  I helped myself to some corn, but didn't end up with any waffles or other Korean treats.


I didn't end up staying for the evening festivities because I did not get much sleep the night before, and wasn't in the mood to wait a few hours for the festivities to continue.  Some of the other teachers and I had went out for a friends birthday on Friday and ended up going to a music lounge and enjoyed some 70's and 80's music and expensive drinks.  So, I stayed up too late on Friday, and woke up too early on Saturday and left the festival early.  I slept intensely when I got home.  I know you care.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment